Wednesday, April 12, 2006

putting the Zine all together

Ok, finally. I have all my inserts gathered, all my handmade things done, all my pages bound together....now it's time to put my zine together. I love this part. To see all this miscellaneous art stuff just sitting around, and then to see it turn into something so neat, is just really cool. If you've never made a zine but you think it might be fun, do it!! It's really not that intimidating or hard at all. Join TheGleanerZine or other groups on yahoo where they do swaps. It's great fun!



Because these were paste paper pages, I was a little wary of gluing things down. I wasn't sure if the glue would moisten the paste and cause it to run or lose it's texture, or what. Some of the pages are so textured, I wasn't sure if anything would glue flat to it, either. So, I decided to staple everything onto the pages. I also stapled the paper slips of text, just on one side so that you can flip the pieces of paper over and see the paste paper underneath. If I had glued it, a lot of the paste paper would have stayed hidden.


Here is my zine, page by page.

I made pockets by stapling small pieces of paper to the pages. I have a few goodies in the plastic bag, which is stapled on.















For the loose things, like the sample sheets and large ATC , I used paper clips to attach them to the page.


























And then put it all into the envelope. The larger goodies from the first picture that didn't fit into the zine, I just stuck inside the envelope. That was what gave me the idea for the envelope.















When I was trying to come up with a name for the zine, I knew I wanted to have the word Compassion in the title. But I couldn't think up anything else to go with it. When the zine was finished and closed, I looked at it, with all of the tags and cards and paper sticking up out of it, and I said, gosh that zine is just overflowing. Bingo! So I was going to call it Overflowing Compassion. But that just didn't sound right. So I went to the thesaurus and looked up a synonym for overflowing, and found copious. So that's where the title came from.


Comments:
Bravo! Your zine looks great!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?