Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Making of a zine - the cover

Now, onto the cover. I was very pleased with how this turned out. Another Claudine technique! I cut out images of men, and text for their shirts.



Then I trimmed the text, and painted gold paint over their shirts and part of the picture, to blend it in.




Then I cut out hats for them out of patterned paper, and added a short verse to their shirts.



I punched 2 holes in each page of the zine, and then I tied 8 pages together with ribbon, to make the zine.



After I had the zines put together, I glued the men to the front cover.



Comments:
I found your blog earlier this week, and it is fabulous. I have been very interested in this type of art for some time, and like seeing your step by step work. It has helped me put together some of the ideas that have been floating around in my head. I can't wait to try them out!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?