Wednesday, August 03, 2005

a kitchen magnet

I got some junk mail from a credit card company - I opened it, looking for goodies, and yay, I found one! They sent me a magnet. And since I don't want a magnet for a credit card on my fridge.....I gessoed it and then made this kitchen fairy. And then, I tore up all the papers from the credit card company that came with the magnet (minus the papers with my name and address on them!) and then put them all back in the envelope they provide for you, that says 'no postage required' and mailed their torn up junk mail back to them, for free. Cheap thrills LOL. Sorry, the picture is a tad blurry.


Comments:
I think that's the funniest thing I ever heard. :-)
 
Great idea for using those magnets! I'll have to start checking junk mail for treasure now!
 
Oh, I love this idea! That's the best use for credit card solicitation I've heard! Good for you!

I've never heard of getting magnets...but I have been saving those fake credit cards they send in hopes of doing something creative with them.

Love your blog!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?