Saturday, August 06, 2005

garage sale finds!!!

I came home so excited this morning! I went to two garage/antique sales this morning and scored big! I found an old Spanish book, an old Latin book, an old German book, an old Shorthand book - which has pages and pages and pages of shorthand, which looks really cool. The paper in that is very thin, too so it should work great on atc's. I also got an old accounting/bookkeeping book and an old grammar book - all the books are 1920's/1930's - all for a dime each! Ah, ephemera galore. And they smell soooo good. I just love that musty, old book smell. I love new book smell too LOL. I'm a book addict. I also found a 1980 special anniversary edition of Farmer's Almanac, so it was printed on paper and made to look like it was even older, for a dime. What else....oh! I scored 2 record album book thingys. They have a sturdy cover and open up like a book, and inside is 3 sleeves to hold 3 records. I got 2 of those for a quarter! So today was a good day! I was especially thrilled over the latin and bookkeeping book - that's what I've been wanting for a few days now. Now, to go create :)

Comments:
Oh, we have a lot in common :)
I would have been thrilled with your finds, too!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?