Monday, July 11, 2005

Tire blows

in a completely shameless attempt to get more ppl to look at my blog, LOL, and because I actually had a semi-exciting thing happen to me/us yesterday, I'm going to do the blog challenge on the 2peas board about writing about something we did this weekend. The challenge was supposed to be about something fun, but this wasn't, but I'm telling it anyway.


Last week, this lady backed into our car, while it was parked, across the street (and off the road) from her driveway, while in a construction site. (one would think you would be more cautious in a construction site - guess not). She totalled our car door - shattered the window, took the mirror off, huge hole in the door, knocked the speaker out..........what a hassle. Finally, after calling 16 junkyards, finally found a white door, and dh put the door on Saturday. (and our key even fits the new door LOL).

So, yesterday, we were taking BIL's car back to him (he let my dh borrow the car for work). I'm following right behind him in our white car and its new door. We're driving down the highway, and all of a sudden rubber and bits of dirt start flying up onto my windshield. My first thought is dh ran over some rubber and was knocking it up, but then I see dh pulling over onto the left side of the highway (which always freaks me out). I automatically pull over behind him and we get out to see what happened. The tread on the back tire was almost completely gone!!!! It's a very scary thing to just have a tire blow on you while travelling 70mph! We still don't know why it happened. So dh changed the tire while I watched. I really need to learn how to do it. Dh offered to teach me yesterday but I was too shaken from what happened, and being freaked out by being on the side of the highway where the fast lane is, so I didn't do it. (PSA - when there is a car on the side of the road, you are supposed to move over a lane so you are not driving next to them!!!) And then we finished the trip, going 50 on the highway with our hazards on. Oh, the joy of old cars LOL.

Comments:
When we were graduating from college, my dad came down to help us move back home. My husband and I both went to college when our kids were in elementary and high school. Anyway, he did the same thing, parked across the street from us and backed right into the side of our car. We wished we had just rented a trailer. ;>
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?