Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Peeled Paper Technique

These are a few pieces I did, using the Peeled Paper Technique. You can find out about it here Yahoo Group Art Explorations




This one was done with dictionary pages. After I peeled the tape, I placed more pieces down, and then did a blue watercolor wash. Then I tore up the other pieces of tape, revealing the white parts. Then I embossed copper all over the page.










This one was done with old pages torn from a book. I did 2 different shades of brown watercolor on top of it, and then did some gold embossing.













This one was done with torn dictionary pages. I dusted it with brown chaldk all over it, but didn't like the results. So then I added copper rub-ons. I had some loose pages, so I modge-podged all over the top of the page, blending the chalk and copper for a cool look. The brush that I used to modge also had gold ink on it, so there are some streaks of gold in the mix. This looks kind of messy in the picture, looks cooler IRL.







This one I thought I'd experiment with and used play money. I didn't like how it came out at all - maybe too many different colors? I don't know. So then I did a yellow acrylic wash, and still don't like it. Maybe I'll use it as a base for serendipity squares. Maybe....

Comments:
Sally, I've had some papers I've worked on that turned out to be (in my eyes) real dogs, too (although I think this paper looks like fun). Definitely cut it up to make ATC backgorunds or bookmark backgrounds. I'm always amazed at how neat some of those papers look once I cut them into smalled pieces. And then if I still feel like I can't use them, I RAK them because someone else might love them. And that's not meant to dump something ugly on someone else--I like vanilla ice cream and my husband loves chocolate... To each their own! :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?