Tuesday, July 12, 2005

cool rubber cement technique

This is a cool technique that I just recently learned about and so I tried it out. This is actually my second try. My first try, I used too many different shades of green and yellow, so that the effect kind of blended in with all the colors. This time, it turned out - much more of a noticeable, dramatic effect.

First, I painted shades of pink watercolor in squares. (You can use any kind of paint)




I let that dry, and then took rubber cement, and painted that over the squares, and a little bit on the white. Then, after the rubber cement dried, I painted blue watercolor over both of the entire pages. I actually like how that turned out - the rubber cement provided a cool resist of the paint, and you can see how the blue paint kind of sits on top of the squares - looked really cool - I almost left it like that LOL.

Then, after the blue paint dried, I just took my fingers and rubbed off all of the rubber cement. So now the pink squares are uncovered and really stand out from the blue. I like the white that came thru too, where I dabbed the rubber cement in various places. It is really cool too, on some of the pink squares, you can see the brush strokes from the rubber cement - where the cement didn't hit the squares, so there is little strokes of blue in there. I really like this technique.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?