Thursday, July 14, 2005

Cool garage sale finds!

I had a fun time at some garage sales and estate sales today!!! I got a box of 85 slides for $2. They looked at me kind of wierd when I just bought the slides, and not the projector that came with it LOL. and I got a 1955 Popular Mechanics with tons of cool ads in it for a dime! My MIL was with me and couldn't see why I was so excited about the slides LOL. I found 2 packs of hockey cards for a quarter each, so now I can do my ATC's on those instead of playing cards! They were 1991 unopened packs, so dh went thru and looked at all the cards to see if there were any good cards. Thankfully there weren't LOL. I was really excited to find something for my kitchen too. It's (slowly) being decorated in a 1940's/50's theme. I have cool ads from old magazines on my walls. I found this old coffee can for a buck - I was so excited!!!




I also found some good kindergarten school books with unit studies in them, so now I don't have to plan all of my units! Which means most of my curriculum shopping is done LOL.

Comments:
I love that old coffee can you found! Great find! I am a garage sale addict myself! :) Most of my "pretties" in my kitchen come from garage sales! I love old interesting pottery and metal tins, and I have found lots of neat ones at garage sales. I get those funny looks all the time too! I don't mind it though! One persons junk is anothers treasure! :) Love you blog by the way!

Kelly
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?