Saturday, January 15, 2005

What a day.

I got a lot accomplished today. That's such a nice feeling. This morning, I went to a crop with a couple friends. A crop, for you non-crafting people, is where women gather to cut, sand, ink, and glue pictures to paper - aka, scrapbooking. I've spent all week organizing my photos and papers and figuring out my layouts and doing some of the work for today. And after 4 hours of scrapping, I got 6 pages completely done and a few more partially done. By the end of this week, I will have all 16 pages (46 picutes) done, which is half of our Road Trip album. Yay. (Despite the small number, this is actually a huge accomplishment. And yes, I really did sand and ink my photos!!)

Then I came home, attempted to try and get Aiden to take a nap, but he played in his room instead while I cat-napped. Then we all went rollerskating with our church tonight. It was a blast. Alysa didn't like it a whole lot, but she loved sitting and watching everyone. Aiden loved it. They actually had skates that fit him. He was so cute clomping around. He didn't try to skate, he just walked, or marched, with the skates on. They came up high on his legs, and he reminded me of Forrest Gump when he was a boy and had the braces on - that's how Aiden looked with the way he walked LOL. He spent about half the night out in the big rink with us. And he fell asleep as soon as his head hit his pillow LOL. I wish I hadn't forgot to grab my camera. Oh well.

And now, for the biggest accomplishment - you're going to laugh. I have been scrapbooking for 5 years. And collecting fonts for about as long. Until now, they have only been partially organized, and I have never had a sample sheet of all my fonts. Until now. Tonight, thanks to a handy-dandy font organizing program - Typograf (a shareware program for all you interested), I now have all 737 fonts organized - alphabetically and topically - and I have a sample of each font printed out. I am so happy. And my day was even topped off with the 2 Zesty Chicken Border Bowls from Taco Bell that I ate today. I love those things. Now, if only it wasn't so cold outside!!

Comments:
Hey Sally (its me, lu),
What do you mean by collecting fonts? Is that like the stuff you posted here early this week? Like making your own paper? And do you have a special program to do that on?

Anyway, I love the paper you have made - so very creative - I wish you could find a way to sell it.

I think you have made some great progress. The boys have been pulling out the scrapbooks lately and really enjoying them so one of my goals is to get working on them again. I enjoy them but I can be so slow in the process because I am such a perfectionist about it - but sometimes I try to purposely make mistakes on each page to help me let go of the perfectionism!

Maybe we could get together some time to just scrapbook together - like an overnight at a hotel or just one of our homes or something.
 
Hi

I just catergorised all my fonts into another shareware program called X-Fonter, for XP. I used to use The Font Thing, but it's a bit unstable for MS XP. X-Fonter seems real cool. Any Scrapbooker knows the call of the font, right.

I like catching up with your blog, and hope you don't mind, but I'm feeding it into my bloglines account so I know when you're updating.

My blog isn't eblogger (I moved away when my links got too big) but you can find me at http://scrapability.squarespace.com

Michelle
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?